[Bell Historians] Rolls of Honour search

David Willis dcwillispiano@yahoo.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Wed Aug 7 15:30:12 BST 2019

 Thank you Hayden and Mark,
Since I did a round one of searches, FindMyPast have introduced highlighting key words which in theory makes a double check easy. However, in this case, the program takes the user to page 2, not 3 where nothing was highlighted.
Previously I have found the Western Gazette rather trying to interrogate as the user had manually  plough through an entire page to find material.. Quite likely I have previously missed many WW1 cases in Devon and Somerset. Hopefully I shall now find them.
David

I did find it, your extract has most of it, no mention of ringing.
Western Gazette - Friday 24 April 1942, page 3 in the 6th column under
'Weymouth'.

Just a paragraph:

May Be a War Prisoner. —One of the four sons of Mrs. W. H. Roper, of
18. Perth-street, who are in the fighting forces. Pte. Leonard Percy
Roper, has been reported missing at Singapore, but it is hoped that he
may be a prisoner of war. Pte. Roper is 30 years of age and is married.
His father was killed in the last war.

Hayden Charles