[Bell Historians] Christ Church Boston

lauradi@rcn.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sun Feb 10 14:08:28 GMT 2019

I had seen that before (and see the contract with the original teen ringers every week, because there is an enlarged, mounted version of it for tourists).

I just wanted to point out that Arthur Nichols, author of the text, was extremely influential in New England change ringing - he had lots of rich friends, and convinced a number of them to donate bells. His daughter Margaret was a better ringer than he was, and was the first US-trained ringer to ring a peal, by about fifty years (I'm not at home, to look up the exact dates), although she rang it in London, not here.

Laura Dickerson