[Bell Historians] Half and three-quarters wheels

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl@swbell.net [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Jan 29 20:43:29 GMT 2019

Half wheels in America are also very rare, and I have not seen any that were made of wood. The few that I have seen were cast iron, and were mounted as the top half of a circle, not the rope-side half as in the Lukis illustration.  I have also seen one "full" wheel made by bolting two cast iron half wheels to the flange on a cast-iron yoke.  Unfortunately I have no photos of any of these readily available.

Carl Scott Zimmerman, Campanologist
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA -
 - 19th c. home of at least 37 bell founders or resellers
Tel. +1(314)821-8437
Webmaster for www.TowerBells.org
 * Avocation: tower bells
 * Recreation: handbells