[Bell Historians] Half and three-quarters wheels

Richard Smith richard@ex-parrot.com [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Tue Jan 29 21:07:40 GMT 2019

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at swbell.net [bellhistorians] wrote:

> Half wheels in America are also very rare, and I have not seen any that were
> made of wood.. The few that I have seen were cast iron, and were mounted as
> the top half of a circle, not the rope-side half as in the Lukis
> illustration.

Thanks, though I should have been more explicit that my
interest is really in the wooden part-wheels used between
the 15th and 17th century, so I wouldn't expect there to be
any relevant examples in America.

RAS

Posted by: Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com>

<*> Your email settings: