[Bell Historians] Fw: Bell

'Richard Offen' richard.offen@iinet.net.au [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Thu Nov 14 00:47:12 GMT 2019

Let’s just move this list on to a more user friendly platform as soon as possible!

cid:image001.png at 01D40F8F.50BED290

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, 14 November 2019 6:51 AM
To: Bellhistorians
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Fw: Bell

Apparently message attachments fall into the category of "uploaded content" which is no longer allowed for Yahoo Groups.  Unfortunately, Yahoo has done a really sloppy job of implementing this change, so that a distributed message (such as Bryan's) contains links to an attachment that was not saved on Yahoo's servers, and which are therefore not valid.

As a workaround, it ought to be possible to post an "attachment" somewhere else (e.g., on Dropbox) and then include a link to that in the message.  As a test of that hypothesis, here is a link to a PDF on my own Website:  http://www.towerbells.org/data/pdf/Introduction.pdf

If this works, then someone ought to be able to set up a file-sharing service that would work as a substitute for attachments.

Carl Scott Zimmerman, Campanologist
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA -
 - 19th c. home of at least 37 bell founders or resellers
Tel. +1(314)821-8437
Webmaster for www.TowerBells.org
 * Avocation: tower bells
 * Recreation: handbells