[Bell Historians] Ashbourne

bill@hibberts.co.uk [bellhistorians] bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Sun Sep 1 17:13:06 BST 2019

I went to Ashbourne the other day to record the William Dobson bells, as you do.

 I see from Church Bells of Derbyshire that the bells were at Loughborough in 1896, and from Dove that the frame is Mears & Stainbank 1931 - i.e. two occasions when the bells might have been tuned.The current weights are lighter than the as-cast weight but I assume the canons have been removed.

 The figures I measure suggest no tuning has been done. Does anyone know if this is in fact the case?

 Regards,

 Bill H