[Bell Historians] Enfield - Bramley Road Clock Tower

Robert Lewis robthebob1911 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 12:16:14 GMT 2020

Mike Chester wrote:

>I see from the Taylor website that this clock tower is being refurbished
and >that it contains 5 bells from 1936 that play "Girls and Boys Come Out
to Play" >(which must be unique, IWHT).

That's interesting:  the BHI website used to have list of clock chime
tunes, with musical notation and sound files and this tune was listed under
the title "Palmers Green". (The list now sadly deleted).

I tried to locate the tower or clock that was (or had been) home to this
chime tune, without success - so this has solved a mystery. Bramley Road is
actually nearer Cockfosters than Palmers Green, but not a million miles
away. It would be interesting to know more about the history of how this
chime originally came into being (I presume it is unique).

RAL