[Bell Historians] The ongoing evolution of Dove online

John Harrison john at jaharrison.me.uk
Thu Jul 9 12:00:49 BST 2020

In article
<CAGc_5jGGVrMUpGebMG26MC8kCDtz9Fm42L5btvpQexe9ChjPAA at mail.gmail.com>,
   John Arthur <john.eborbells at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Clock register organised by the AHS .... Whilst most clocks are
> registered many just have a maker and date with little other detail.

I am sure there are many ringers like me who look after a church clock and
would be willing to supply more information if they knew its entry was
incomplete.  But since the registe isn't publicly available they have no
way of knowing.  Whilst they might be  willing to spend a minute looking it
up, certainly if given a prompt, they are most unlikely to jump through the
hoop of sending off a request for access, on the off chance that the entry
light not be complete.

There would appear to be an opportunity for the AHS to exploit the army of
on-the-ground ringers with potential to supply it with more information.

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk