[Bell Historians] Shaw of Bradford Patent Application

Ken Webb ken44webb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:14:49 BST 2020

Chris Pickford via Bell-historians*Sent:* 13 July 2020 14:22

No, but I guess it will be covered in Trevor Jennings’s book on British
Bell Fittings. I know he explored all relevant patents

On 13/07/2020 17:35, AMH via Bell-historians wrote:

> Jennings book (page 165) says
>
> Patentee - J. Shaw
>
> Pat No (granted) - 10855
>
> Date - 1889
>
> Subject - bearing
>
> Alison

Page 65 of Jennings has a diagram of a bearing housing etc  & 'roller
balls' stating patent 10855 1889. The text states these were
'anti-friction roller bearings' & mentions 'hardened steel balls or
rollers' (& states 1899 in error?)

> *//*//

Ken