[Bell Historians] Request for info: women in bellfounding

Scott Allan Orr orr.scott at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 11:05:31 BST 2021

Hello all,

Prof Tiffany Ng (University of Michigan) and I are running a small project
to document and promote early contributions of women to the carillon art
(early being interpreted primarily as the first part of the 20th century,
but also more broadly to include notable instances outside of this time
frame). We welcome any information relevant to women who contributed to
bellfounding and related activities, but especially with connections to
firms or installations of carillons.

For example, we are already familiar with contributions of Gwendoline
Taylor in Loughborough (although this requires more archive work to fully
understand), Sidonie and Marie Causard in France (early 20th century), and
a successor to a branch of the Hemony foundry being taken on for a short
time by a woman relative of one of the brothers.

All my best,
Scott

—
*SCOTT ALLAN ORR*