[Bell Historians] Atkinsons, Bond Street

bill at hibberts.co.uk bill at hibberts.co.uk
Sun Feb 7 12:34:55 GMT 2021

As it happens I have been in correspondence with Jonathan Galloway over the
past 12 months about getting access to these bells to record and analyse
them. I understand that the reason they are not currently rung is both noise
complaints, and also mechanical problems. I'm afraid I don't have any
details of the latter.

Jonathan's latest update from 3 days ago is as follows:

"I thought I would update you on the situation regarding Old Bond Street
carillon. I have now left London so I will no longer be playing the Atkinson
carillon. Dr Scott Allan Orr will be taking over from me when the Covid
situation allows. Hopefully he will be able to resolve the problems with the
overhaul and the noise complaint once things return to something more like
normal."

Regards,

Bill H