[Bell Historians] Keble College, Oxford - 8 bells

Revd David Cawley davidl.cawley at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 24 18:04:03 GMT 2021

Fred Sharpe (The Church Bells of Oxfordshire, p.333) gives:

Chapel: 2 Bells in roof space, 34" and 36" by Warner 1874. Hung for
ringing

Dining Hall entrance: 1 bell 1752 Rudhall 1752. Where did it come from?

Clock Tower: 3 Hemispherical bells, 25 3/4"; 30 1/2"; 36" Mears &
Stainbank 1873

Interesting that they purchased the chapel bells and the clock bells
about the same time from two different founders.

DLC