[Bell Historians] Cowper Congregational Chapel in Dereham

revpcubitt at btinternet.com revpcubitt at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 14 20:39:24 BST 2021

Dear Chris,

This is fascinating. There is a hammer without a bell.  This is a story that
keeps on giving. I am sure there is a book of dad’s in the family home which
references something about the chimes being tinkered with around the 1900’s.
I can pick out 7 chiming wires on the clock room ceiling from a photo I
took.

I am going to book in another visit to the chapel and go with tape measure.
I will also ask about the chapel records and where they might be.

Paul