[Bell Historians] John Barrett bell hanger and agent forMears 1826

Neal Dodge gtbartonbells at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 15:36:08 BST 2021

No problem.
His death and age was reported in the 14th March 1850 edition of Trewman's
Exeter Flying Post.
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/85306291/1850-death-of-john-barrett/
His work at Holsworthy and Sowton including references to his connection
with Mears can found in the Order and Disorder publications 1830-1839 p125
and 1840-1845 p262 respectively

On Tue, 14 Sept 2021 at 11:07, Richard Johnston <johnstonrh at rhj.org.uk>
wrote:

> Neal Dodge:
> > John Barrett was born around 1785, lived in Exeter and died on 5th March
> > 1850. He is recorded as acting as an agent for Mears from 1819 including
> > carrying out the hanging of the bells at Holsworthy (1836) and Sowton
> > (1845).
>
> Thank you for this -  but can you tell me what your sources are for
> this information please, as I need to quote references
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard Johnston

Many Thanks
Neal Dodge