[Bell Historians] G&J bell - Birkenhead docks

Revd David Cawley davidl.cawley at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 29 15:57:55 BST 2022

The Company supplied lighthouse fittings, buoy accessories, lightship
gear etc. As we know, bell-buoys, lighthouses etc were all equipped with
Bells. Some of these were supplied direct through Trinity House, and
some by the G.A.C. I've seen Trinity House Bells by Mears, Taylors, G&J,
Warners and one, at Dover, by Barwell, so the "nature of the company's
interest" appears to have been commercial.

DLC