[Bell Historians] G&J bell - Birkenhead docks

Richard Offen richard.offen at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 29 15:58:00 BST 2022

From: Bell-historians [mailto:bell-historians-bounces at lists.ringingworld.co.uk] On Behalf Of Ted Steele
Sent: Monday, 29 August 2022 8:07 PM
To: bell-historians at lists.ringingworld.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] G&J bell - Birkenhead docks

On 29/08/2022 12:27, Revd David Cawley via Bell-historians wrote:

There are a couple of Gas Accumulator Company's Bells (M&S) in Jersey,, full details and a picture to be found on pages 40 and 41 of my "Church Bells of the Channel Islands (2007)..

The late Bill Hughes told me that they had supplied a number of these Bells, usually as alternatives to Trinity House.

Could anyone please explain the nature of this company's interest in bells?

Ted

The Gas Accumulator Company supplied acetylene lights for Trinity House lighthouses and marker buoys, so presumably they also sold the buoys complete with bell to TH.

Richard

cid:image001.png at 01D40F8F.50BED290