[Bell Historians] oxhey bells

oliver Lee oliverbellringer at outlook.com
Fri Feb 11 18:12:48 GMT 2022

A couple of months ago I was looking through some old annual reports for the hertford county association and I noticed that oxhey where first condemned in 1989 due to worn out fittings before being declared totally unringable in 1990 due to severe structural problems, whilst I can probably understand the reasoning for this I am curious to know weather this was a long term problem or one that had only appeared in the years prior to their condemnation. I would also be interested to know if anyone has any memories of ringing on them as I understand that most of the ropes dropped rather close the wall and the bells themselves where apparently anything but tuneful.
Regards
Oliver lee