[Bell Historians] Tetbury, Gloucestershire

Ken Webb ken44webb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 18:30:21 GMT 2022

I wondered whether the 'tuning marks' were too uneven / bumpy to to be
machine tuning but I'm only aware of chip tuning etc. which tends to
give a rough surface.

Could the mould be 'tuned' to give the final required bell shape -
implies it was intentional & would be repeated by Rudhall?

Dove already lists the frame as G&J based on info from Chris P.

Bells News 1894 / 1898 etc has a G&J adverts (bottom left of first page
of issues) which states Makers of Bells At  & lists Tetbury! I assume
they are still by Rudhall & that G&J adverts were not accurate?

https://cccbr.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/bn12_94.pdf

Ken