[Bell Historians] Brentwood Cathedral bells
David Sloman
dsloman261 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:15:57 BST 2026
Hi Oliver,
Brentwood Cathedral bells.
The hour bell is 1989 Whitechapel, 45 inches, 17-1-6 cwt in F, 698 Hz
and the Angelus 1861 George Mears, 27.8125 inches, 4-0-20 cwt in Eb, 1245 Hz
They are both still there.
Regards,
David Sloman
On Sun, Oct 4, 2026 at 11:50 AM Ken Webb via Bell-historians <
bell-historians at lists.ringingworld.co.uk> wrote:
> On 04/10/2026 11:40, oliver Lee via Bell-historians wrote:
>
> Yesterday visiting Brentwood cathedral - Hearing what I presume is their
> service bell, As this isn't listed on Dove's I was wondering if anyone
> might know anything about it certainly sounds harmonically tuned and my
> guess is that it probably dates from when the cathedral was rebuilt by
> Quinlan Terry in the early 1990s. Curiously the St Agatha's guild website
> also suggests there is a 2nd bell too but as I didn't hear this I'm
> wondering if it is even still there
> Regards
> Oliver lee
>
>
> This refers to 2 bells - one from 1861:
>
> https://www.brentwoodhistory.co.uk/building/brentwood-cathedral
>
> K
> _______________________________________________
> Bell-historians mailing list
> Bell-historians at lists.ringingworld.co.uk
> https://lists.ringingworld.co.uk/listinfo/bell-historians
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ringingworld.co.uk/pipermail/bell-historians/attachments/20261005/57c651aa/attachment.htm>
More information about the Bell-historians
mailing list