[r-t] Little Bell Music

Don Morrison dfm at mv.com
Thu Aug 19 21:05:57 UTC 2004

Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote on 19 August 2004:
 > In seems odd not to inculde 1234s and 4321s.  These seem at least as
 > musical as the others, and I don't understand either of the reasons given
 > for excluding them:
 >  - methods with same above work can have different numbers of them (but the
 > same applies to 5678s off the front, queens, near misses etc etc - I don't
 > see how this makes them less musical or "not valid"!)

While I absolutely agree with you in principle, I think two of your
specific examples don't actually hold: both queens and near missess
will, I think, generally be universally present or not for the same
work above the treble. Other examples besides rollups off the front
that won't be are kings and back rounds (though I guess the latter is
just a specific example of a rollup off the front, or of a 4321).

--
Don Morrison <dfm at mv.com>
http://www.ringing.org