[r-t] Little Bell Music

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 19 19:53:06 UTC 2004

In seems odd not to inculde 1234s and 4321s.  These seem at least as
musical as the others, and I don't understand either of the reasons given
for excluding them:
 - methods with same above work can have different numbers of them (but the
same applies to 5678s off the front, queens, near misses etc etc - I don't
see how this makes them less musical or "not valid"!)
 - many compositions don't have many of them (again, the same applies to
queens...)

People often don't _quote_ 1234s in a composition if there aren't
especially many of them, but that's another issue.  For similar reasons
I'm not in the habit of appending "Does not contain Queens" to my
compositions...!  ;-)

4-bell runs off the back (perhaps excluding the usual (n-3)(n-2)(n-1)n's)
seems a sensible thing to agree on.

Cheers, Ander