[r-t] Minor principles

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Sun Aug 29 10:06:40 UTC 2004

Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote at 20:05:59 on Mon, 23 Aug 2004
>PABS sent:
>
>> 1320 Bastow Little Bob
>> 48 Rapid Rap
>> 36 z (Little Hybrid)
>> 18 x (Differential Little Hybrid)
>> 18 y (Little Hybrid)
>> 59 com, atw
>
>Eh - how does this work?

The calling for Bastow in each part is a 240 giving the extent with one
bell in the hunt. y and z each omit one row, while x is equivalent to
two leads called sp with 5 rows omitted - these are the rows that occur
in the plain course of Rapid Rap.

>This looks as if it might be do-able, but really I'd prefer to have a
>single, customised method to splice against RR to give a 720. A bit like LB
>& Alliance, or Good & Evil. Is that not possible? Must be, surely.

It seems plausible - find a group for which the rows of a lead each fall
into different cosets (Ander will have a way to find the biggest), then
join rows from the remaining ones.

--
Regards
Philip