[r-t] Minor principles

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Tue Aug 31 22:12:39 UTC 2004

Philip Saddleton <pabs at cantab.net> wrote at 11:06:40 on Sun, 29 Aug 2004
>Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote at 20:05:59 on Mon, 23 Aug 2004
>>This looks as if it might be do-able, but really I'd prefer to have a
>>single, customised method to splice against RR to give a 720. A bit like LB
>>& Alliance, or Good & Evil. Is that not possible? Must be, surely.
>
>It seems plausible - find a group for which the rows of a lead each
>fall into different cosets (Ander will have a way to find the biggest),
>then join rows from the remaining ones.

Ok - two possibilities:

A group of order 36 - the even rows with 1,5,6 either in 1,5,6 or 2,3,4.
The leads starting with these are mutually true, leaving another 12
cosets.

A group of order 20 (isomorphic to the Thurstans part-ends), with 5
fixed, generated by 134652 & 432156. Two leads starting from each
element, plus another 20 cosets.

--
Regards
Philip