[r-t] Re: Peals

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Wed Dec 29 18:19:27 UTC 2004

Eddie

C502 is, in fact, recognised CC-collection usage for "Composition 502".
("recognised" => used in collections). How about RW85/404 instead?

"pure double hunt triples methods" - this is only what I remember - but my
study could do with a turn-out.

"regular triples methods" - for lead heads, see the preamble to, say, the
1994 Plain collection. The two which mentioned as being irregular, Aldington
Pl. and London New, have lead heads not from the plain course of
Grandsire - which is implicit in the collection's pre-amble. (Their lead
heads are given explicitly -  always a good indicator of irregularity).

I will admit to not spotting the two 'London' methods, but at least I got
the composer correct.

Robin.