[r-t] All the work minor

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Wed Dec 1 22:14:25 UTC 2004

Actually, decision E A 1 b seems rather strangely worded:

(b) A method is defined by the places made between successive rows of its
plain course, which shall be a true round block, divisible into equal
parts which are called leads. Starting the plain course from a different
change does not give a different method.

It's not clear what "equal" parts means - one would have thought the
intention was "having the same sequence of places made".  If that's indeed
the case I don't see how one can interpret a one-lead method as having
anything other than all hunt bells.