[r-t] Jump methods

Leigh Simpson simple57uk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 15:08:21 UTC 2004

It's recently occured to me that I don't know a way to
notate methods with jump changes (e.g. Cambridge
Treble Jump Minor). It'd be great to find a
place-notation style system to write down the grids
for these methods. If there's a system out there could
someone tell me what it is, or maybe we should work to
create one?

The two jump patterns used in treble jump methods
involve one bell jumping two places instead of the
customary one, as follows:

241653 becomes 246513
246153 becomes 214653

Perhaps we could have a symbol for each type?


Leigh Simpson

___________________________________________________________ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

More information about the ringing-theory mailing list