[r-t] Jump methods

Glenn Taylor gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 18:01:31 UTC 2004

> It's recently occured to me that I don't know a way to
> notate methods with jump changes (e.g. Cambridge
> Treble Jump Minor).

When this was first (?) done in Bristol in the late 1970s a "compound" place
notation, in brackets, was used.

For example:

> 241653 becomes 246513

might have been written (25.23) , the idea being that the next row is the
combined effect of contents of the brackets. It gets over the problem, is
reasonably elegant but is not unique as (5.3) would have the same combined

Glenn Taylor

More information about the ringing-theory mailing list