[r-t] Wraps of Rounds

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 14:15:00 UTC 2004

Glint wrote:

> Can anybody produce a peal composition of Surprise Major
> (or DNCBM) with all the wraps of rounds, but twice, so you
> get them across HS/BS row and the BS/HS row. Spliced Surprise
> is acceptable, and the more musical the better.

and

> However, moving the goal posts, I want as many
> wraps of rounds as possible.

In Spliced TD Major you are limited by truth and construction to 9 wraps out
of the 17 possible, or 11 if you allow 78 in the place notation. These are all
proper wraps (i.e. hand-back). Since DNCBM doesn't have the treble's down
dodges, you could only get 4 proper wraps.

81234567
821xxxxx 2-3 up (1 possible)

xx123456
7821xxxx 3-4 down (2 possible)

xxx12345
67821xxx 4-5 up (3 possible, but 1 would have places in 78)

xxxx1234
567821xx 5-6 down (2 possible, but 1 would have places in 78)

xxxxx123
45678213 6-7 up (1 possible)

xxxxxx12
34567821 7-8 down (1 possible)