[r-t] Extensions

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Tue Oct 26 09:32:20 UTC 2004

> Tony Smith <methods at clara.co.uk> wrote at 19:41:21 on Sun, 17 Oct 2004
>> I have started work on a program to implement the revised CC Decision on
>> Method Extension (Decision (G)) and, as a prerequisite, the CC Decision on
>> Methods and Calls (Decision (E)).

I've already got a program to do this (though I think the
extension of principles needs a bit of tweaking).  I'm more
than happy to make the source code of this avaliable and/or
put it on the web as a CGI script if either of these would
be helpful.

>> If methods-related computer programs were to be published by the CC they
>> would certainly fall within the Methods Committee remit.

Could I request that, if the MC does publish any computer
programs on behalf of the CC (rather than members of the MC
producing programs in a private capacity), they seriously
consider making the source code avaliable?  Not everyone
chooses to run Microsoft Windows on their computer, and the
source code would be useful for anyone wishing to
experiment, say, with the effects of alternative extension
models.

Richard