[r-t] 40320 Spliced S Major

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Wed Sep 1 21:45:47 UTC 2004

Hi Tony,

Congratulations!  That's extremely interesting, and completely different
from the ones I've been producing.

Yours seems as if it would be easier to call and ring (the basic block is
21 leads rather than 180, and it's right place).  It's a shame about the
87s (mine have too at present), but I suppose you could avoid them
with a 23456 single.  Some might object to 5-pull dodges - can you get rid
of them by making 78 ring a different stretched method?

I think half lead spliced seems to be the most sensible way to
"officially" classify these things at the moment...

Ander