[r-t] Brian D Price Long Lengths

Philip Earis Earisp at rsc.org
Mon Apr 25 08:26:49 UTC 2005

Congratulations to the band that rang the 17k of London major at
Spitalfields on Saturday.  The composition was by Brian Price, extending
the previous long length of 14784 (which he also composed).  The new
composition also has the distinction of being the longest not-atw
composition for a single method yet rung, I think.

I'm reliably informed that Brian has also submitted a number of 'very'
long compositions of Bristol and Kent major to the Compositions
Committee for publication, but sadly the pressing needs for peal
compositions of Newlyn etc mean that there isn't the space in the RW to
print such ground-breaking work.  I've therefore copied the compositions
below.  They are all multi-part bobs-only compositions, using both 4ths
and 6ths place calls.

The composition for 28512 Bristol (ie 891 leads) is the longest I've
seen in the method. Can anyone do better?  Rod Pipe has a list of 973
mutually true leads on his website
(http://www.ringing.info/peter-border-main.html#major) that he and Peter
Border came up with, but no composition.  Richard Smith has also been
working on the problem, extending the known number of mutually true
leads.  Perhaps he'd like to comment?!

27072 Bristol S Major by Brian D Price
   2345678
   4263857
 6 6482357
   8634725
   3876542
 6 7358642
 4 5738642
 4 3578642
   7365284
   6723458
   2647835
   4286573
   8452367
 4 5842367
 4 4582367
 6 8435267
   3824756
   2378645
 6 7263845
   6782534
   8657423
 4 5867423
 6 6548723
   4675382
 6 7436582
 4 3746582
 6 4357682
 4 5437682
 4 3547682
   4365278
   6423857
 6 2684357
   8236745
 6 3872645
 4 7382645
 6 8763245
   6827534
 6 2658734
 4 5268734
 6 6572834
 4 7652834
 4 5762834
   6587423
   8645372
   4836257
 4 3486257
 4 8346257
 6 4823657
   2468735
   6274583
 4 7624583
 4 2764583
 6 6257483
 6 5642783
 4 4562783
 6 6475283
   7624358
   2736845
   3287564
 6 8352764
 4 5832764
 6 3578264
 6 7325864
 4 2735864
 4 3275864
   7382456
   8743625
 6 4867325
 4 6487325
 4 8647325
   4836572
   3458267
   5324786
 4 2534786
 4 3254786
 6 5372486
 4 7532486
 6 3745286
   4327658
 6 2463758
 4 6243758
 6 4672358
   7436825
 6 3784625
   8367542
   6853274
 4 5683274
 4 8563274
 6 6825374
 4 2685374
 6 8236574
   3852467
 6 5348267
 4 4538267
   _______
 6 3425867
9 part. Contains 99 combination rollups.

27360 Bristol Surprise Major by Brian D Price
   2345678
   4263857
 6 6482357
   8634725
 6 3876425
 4 7386425
   8743562
 6 4857362
 4 5487362
 6 8534762
 6 3875462
 4 7385462
   8743256
   4827635
   2468573
 4 6248573
 6 4652873
 6 5486273
 4 8546273
 6 4825673
   2468357
 4 6248357
 6 4632857
   3486725
 6 8374625
   7863542
 6 6758342
 4 5678342
 4 7568342
   6735284
 4 3675284
 4 7365284
   6723458
 4 2673458
   7246835
   4782563
   8457326
   5834672
 6 3568472
   6345287
   4623758
   2476835
   7284563
 6 8752463
 4 5872463
 4 7582463
 6 8745263
   4827356
 6 2438756
 6 3274856
 4 7324856
   2783645
   8267534
 6 6852734
 4 5682734
 4 8562734
   6875423
 6 7648523
 4 4768523
   6457382
 4 5647382
 4 4567382
   6435278
 4 3645278
 6 4326578
   2453867
 4 5243867
 4 4523867
 6 2485367
   8234756
   3872645
 4 7382645
 6 8763245
 6 6827345
   2638574
 6 3256874
 4 5326874
 4 2536874
 6 3285674
   8362457
   6843725
   4678532
   7456283
 6 5724683
   2567348
   6235874
   3682457
   8346725
 4 4836725
   3478562
 4 7348562
 4 4738562
   3457286
 4 5347286
 4 4537286
   _______
 6*3425786
9 part, calling 6* in parts 3, 6 and 9 only,
Contains 124 combination rollups.

28512 Bristol Surprise Major by Brian D Price
   2345678
 6 4263578
   6452837
 4 5642837
 4 4562837
   6485723
 6 8674523
   7856342
 6 5738642
 4 3578642
 4 7358642
 6 5763842
   6587234
 6 8625734
 4 2865734
   6278453
   7642385
 4 4762385
 4 6472385
   7634528
 4 3764528
 6 6357428
 4 5637428
 4 3567428
 6 6345728
 4 4635728
   3476852
 4 7346852
 4 4736852
   3487265
 4 8347265
 4 4837265
 6 3428765
 6 2374865
 4 7234865
 4 3724865
   2387546
 4 8237546
 4 3827546
 6 2358746
 4 5238746
 4 3528746
 6 2375846
 6 7283546
   8752634
   5867423
 6 6548723
 4 4658723
 6 5476823
 6 7584623
   8765342
   6837254
 4 3687254
   8326475
 4 2836475
   3248567
   4352786
 6 5473286
 6 7524386
 4 2754386
 6 5237486
   3542678
   4365827
 6 6483527
 6 8654327
 4 5864327
 4 6584327
 6 8635427
 4 3865427
 4 6385427
   8643752
 4 4863752
 4 6483752
 6 8674352
 6 7836452
 4 3786452
 4 8376452
   7843265
 4 4783265
 4 8473265
   7824536
 4 2784536
 6 8257436
 4 5827436
 4 2587436
 6 8245736
 4 4825736
   2478653
 4 7248653
 4 4728653
   2467385
   6234578
 4 3624578
 6 2356478
   5243867
 6 4582367
 4 8452367
 4 5842367
 6 4538267
   -------
 6*3425867
9 part, calling 6* in parts 3, 6 and 9 only.
Contains 120 combination rollups.

21600 Kent Treble Bob Major by Brian D Price
   2345678
 4 4235678
 4 3425678
 6 2364578
   6253847
   5682734
   8576423
 4 7856423
 4 5786423
 6 8547623
 6 4865723
 6 6478523
 4 7648523
   4756382
 4 5476382
 6 7534682
 6 3765482
 6 6347582
 4 4637582
 4 3467582
   6354278
   5623847
   2586734
 6 8275634
 4 7825634
 4 2785634
   8267453
 4 6827453
 6 2648753
 4 4268753
 6 6472853
   7684325
   8736542
   3857264
 6 5328764
 4 2538764
 6 3275864
 6 7382564
 6 8753264
 4 5873264
 4 7583264
 6 8725364
 6 2837564
 6 3258764
 6 5372864
 4 7532864
 4 3752864
 6 5387264
 4 8537264
 6 3825764
 6 2378564
 6 7253864
 6 5782364
 4 8572364
 6 7835264
 4 3785264
 4 8375264
 6 7823564
 6 2758364
 6 5237864
 6 3582764
 4 8352764
 4 5832764
 6 3578264
 6 7325864
 6 2783564
 4 8273564
 6 7852364
   5738426
   3547682
   4365278
 6 6423578
 4 2643578
 6 4256378
 4 5426378
   -------
 6*2534678
9 part, calling 6* in parts 3, 6 and 9 only.
Contains 90 combination rollups.

DISCLAIMER:

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the addressee only and may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material. It may not be relied upon or disclosed to any other person without the consent of the RSC. If you have received it in error, please contact us immediately. Any advice given by the RSC has been carefully formulated but is necessarily based on the information available, and the RSC cannot be held responsible for accuracy or completeness. In this respect, the RSC owes no duty of care and shall not be liable for any resulting damage or loss. The RSC acknowledges that a disclaimer cannot restrict liability at law for personal injury or death arising through a finding of negligence. The RSC does not warrant that its emails or attachments are Virus-free: Please rely on your own screening.