[r-t] Designed for falseness

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Fri Apr 15 18:17:33 UTC 2005

Richard Smith said  on 15/04/2005 12:30:
> Assuming we ignore Double Darrowby (which has
> ABCDEFKLMPTUabcd falseness, but also has a course six times
> as long as a standard surprise major method), the method
> with the most in-course tenors-together FCHs is Wollaton
> with ABDEKNTac falseness (i.e. 19 FCHs or 20 including
> rounds).  The list continues:
>
> 19      Wollaton                ABDEKNTac
> 18      Jesus College           ABDLOUcd
> 18      Enderby                 ADNOT
> 18      Corpus Christi College  ADFKMT
> 17      Coney Street            ABEGOTac
> 17      Bendigo                 ABDEGINO
> 16      Pall Mall               ADFGHTb
> 16      Kings Cross             ADEMORa
> 15      Romsey                  ABDNUe
> 15      Revelstoke              ABDPU
> 15      Ranmore                 ABENTd
> 15      Peterhouse              ADELMNe
> 15      Antigua                 ABENTc

There is a set of 24 courses that are true to Bendigo, which can be
joined using 1256 singles. I have found just one method with eight
in-course falseness groups with a composition in whole courses:

:e 38-36.14-58.12.38.12-14.38.14.36.12.38 BNOGDRET

5376 (A J Cox)
2345678  2  3  4  5  7
----------------------
8675423           s