[r-t] Designed for falseness

Don Morrison dfmorrison at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 05:02:50 UTC 2005

On 4/15/05, Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> For the sake of argument, let's assume you mean the most
> in-course tenors-together FCHs.
> The best you can then do is E and L
> giving AELMNRTU or 33 FCHs (34 if you include rounds from
> the A falseness).  There are four such methods:
>
>   &36-3.4-5.2.36-4-345.6-36.5,2
>   &36-3.4-5.2.36-4-345.6-36.5,1
>   &36-3.4-5.2.36.4-234.5.4.36.2.5,2
>   &36-3.4-5.2.36.4-234.5.4.36.2.5,1
>
> Unsurprisingly, they've never been rung.

If anyone is a sufficient glutton for unmusical punishment as to want
to ring one of these, here's one possible calling for the second of
the above. Obviously not in whole courses.

5,088 Unnamed Surprise Major
      (36x3.4x5.2.36x4x345.6x36.5  lh 8ths [k]  fch ELMNRTU)
 234567   M  T  V  W  M  B  H
 ____________________________
 35246    s  s  s           -
 54623       s  s           -
(724653)     s     s  -  -
 642753            s        s
 632457         -
 34526       s  s           -
 42653       s  s           -
 523746      s  -           s
 625437         -        -
 42356       s  s           s
Repeat twice. Fourth place calls.
Contains no backstroke 87s, and is all the work.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at mv.com>
"This fish is in CGI because it's very difficult to direct a