[r-t] Designed for falseness

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Mon Apr 18 12:00:35 UTC 2005

I wrote:

> You can have up to eight falseness groups.  Having both T
> and U (the only groups with eight in-course tenors-together
> FCHs) is necessary to be maximally false.  Of the 11,115,834
> surprise methods with vaguely sensible properties

Ooops.  I meant 11,115,832 -- I counted the column headings
as methods.

> The best you can then do is E and L
> giving AELMNRTU or 33 FCHs (34 if you include rounds from
> the A falseness).  There are four such methods:

Even including treble bob and delight methods, these are
still the four "most false" methods.

> Assuming we ignore Double Darrowby (which has
> ABCDEFKLMPTUabcd falseness, but also has a course six times
> as long as a standard surprise major method), the method
> with the most in-course tenors-together FCHs is Wollaton
> with ABDEKNTac falseness (i.e. 19 FCHs or 20 including
> rounds).

By constrast, the most false rung Delight method is
Freezywater with ABDEKTc with 15 FCHs.  The most false
Treble Bob methods are Noxious (ABDKPa -- 9 FCHs) and
Jupiter (ABFKNad -- also 9 FCHs).

Richard