[r-t] Elementary group-theory

Martin Bright mjbright at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 14:06:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 14:56 +0100, Richard Smith wrote:
> I don't get the coloured lines on your truncated octahedron
> on page 38 (the one labeled page 15).  Are they supposed to
> represent different changes?

Oops - well spotted.  I just grabbed that picture off some
mathematician's web site and didn't look at it too closely.  It seems
that, say, a red line means swapping bells 2 and 3 (as opposed to the
bells in 2nd's and 3rd's places).

I suppose it's multiplying on the left by a change rather than on the
right.

Martin

--
Martin Bright
Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Liverpool