[r-t] What's the meaning of a method having aparticularfalsecoursehead

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 07:48:01 UTC 2005

A question that I'm sure you can answer. Given the previous discussin
about the use of the "A" FCH. It appears that (under one definition) it
covers methods which are false against the plain course (ie all methods)
as well as those which are false within the plain course (not currently
considered quite pc but we are talking mathematical constructs here not
arbitrary rules). The other point of view is that it should only cover
those methods false in the plain course. How would proponents of the
first point of view like to distinguish between the two points of view?
It does seem to me that this is important. If I am looking at a table of
methods I would like to see some indication of whether or not the method
is false in the plain course or not. Having every method labelled "A"
falseness doesn't help me.

Peter

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~richard/major/falseness/groups.html

Richard