[r-t] parity

Edward W Martin martinew at comcast.net
Mon Aug 8 18:07:05 UTC 2005

Hey there Mark

Are you in Sewanee for real???
cool

The easiest way that I know of finding the parity of a row (without using
computers) is
Write out rounds on as many bells as are involved
Immediately below this ( several inches away) write out the row in question.

With lines, join up 1 to 1; 2 to 2 etc and when finished, count up how many
intersections. If odd then the parity = odd if even then parity = even
mew

PS we are off to Tennessee (Nashville) for 4 days but I think this is still
quite a bike-ride to Sewanee - anyhoo, all the best,
Come up to DC sometime soon and bring the new Sewanee learners - perhaps a
quarter peal weekend or just a general ringing session