[r-t] Happy birthday ringing-theory

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Thu Aug 11 18:02:36 UTC 2005

> Better still: take the apostrophe back to the greengrocer and
> remove the superfluous 'on'    :-)

I'm not sure whether this is off topic or just off the pace Glenn...

It did strike me (on a more serious note) that, after a year in operation,
we ought to have a list of "problems solved by ringing theory". There must
be quite a few now, mustn't there? I don't just mean things like "MBD shows
you how to calculate parity incorrectly in the shortest number of
operations", obviously... I can't remember exactly what results we've come
up with, except there was a lot of stuff about Minor; but seriously, Pabs
and Martin B and Mike O and others have done some great work. It's all a bit
of a blur of now, which is even more reason to compile a list. So how about
it Phil & John?