[r-t] Cambridge S Minor

Alex Byrne alex.byrne at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 28 19:32:46 UTC 2005

A friend of mine asked me whether it was possible to ring a variable-hunt
extent of Cambridge Minor. No problem, I thought, knowing that Tony Cox,
ages ago, came up with a very elegant peal using '34' singles and '14' bobs.
Must be possible to turn that into an extent somehow... mustn't it...?

Oh dear! Further inspection reveals that the 2 leads separated by a '34'
single are false against one another so a 720 on this plan is clearly
impossible.

Using only these calls (and plain leads of course), can anyone help with
establishing the minimum length of a 'legitimate' touch (i.e. over 720
changes containing every row and no row repeated more than once, or over
1440 containing every row twice and no row repeated more than twice etc..)?

Alex.