[r-t] Three consecutive blows

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Mon Dec 5 13:09:50 UTC 2005

> Treble-dodging maximus: Here's one the fun starts.  Below are two
> very similar mx methods, with stonking run-counts. More than Bristol.
>   Even more  than Snow Tiger, and you avoid having coursing pairs the
> wrong way round. And you avoid the falseness issues.

I thought Snow Tiger was clean-proof, Philip...

No, you're right, there are some amazing possibilities available if you
allow three-blow places. I found some of these when I was searching for
Maximus coursers, but I figured I could only have one "new" thing at a time,
otherwise people wouldn't ring the methods. So I stuck to the TE's at
backstroke.

However, perhaps I was wrong - perhaps going the three-blow route would lead
into the most productive result space. I'd be damn good for cyclics, too.

I suppose the only downside is that the bluelines never look very nice.