[r-t] RE: Method Review

Samuel M. Austin combineharvestersam at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:55:39 UTC 2005

>Nice to read Philip's somewhat outspoken review of the peal of Kettleby. I
>look forward to further examples. It might be worth pointing out that there
>are some benighted souls who don't notice things like CRUs, and even some
>who do notice them and don't care. These people may even be in the
>majority. Dave

A very subjective subject but...
At the end of the day, CRU's are just not musical.
Can someone explain to me why the vast majority of Surprise Major ringers
and composers think that rows like XXXX4578 are musical?
I've been thinking about this for a while and I might actually take pen to
paper and write an article about musical rows.
There are main types of musical row
The Round type - (4 runs and above)
Queens type - ( Melodic and harmonic changes )
and the Tittums type - (coursing music)
There are also rows which do not fall into any of those catagories well -
e.g 6578.

Any thoughts I'll be pleased to hear them and I'll get going on writing this
artical

Aye

Sam