[r-t] Boring?

Stephen Penney stephen at ucalegon.com
Fri Mar 18 10:56:21 UTC 2005

xyz:
>i don't ring, i enjoy. i am (somewhat unsuccessfully) trying to be
>careful
>not to fall into the trap of saying that just because i find tower
>bell
>ringing excruciatingly boring that everybody else should stop too.

I can't people not doing something because it's boring. I find some
ringing takes up few thought processes, and can drift into a meditative
trance, which is really quite relaxing.

"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still
boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one
discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

Percy