[r-t] 41 Surprise Minor all-the-work in 10 extents

John Warboys john.warboys at lineone.net
Mon Mar 21 19:11:52 UTC 2005

Richard Smith suggested a few weeks back that it might be possible to
achieve an all-the-work composition of the standard 41 Surprise Minor in 10
extents using the new "3-course" splice.  I have now managed to do this and
compositions can now be found on my website

http://website.lineone.net/~jswcomps/

At first it was proving difficult to find a solution, but I then remembered
the atw 720 of Cambridge, Ipswich and York by Roger Bailey which I though
might be useful in this context, and in fact it was just that.  My
composition has 2 versions, the first keeping common backworks together, and
the second mixing them up a little to achieve no 65's at backstroke.

John Warboys