[r-t] Method difficulty

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 13:11:47 UTC 2005

Cartainly the symmetry of sections has something to do with it. Glasgow
has symmetric sections, except for the first, whereas Belfast has all
asymmetric sectins (except the second, Bristol (and all the standard 8)
has all symmetric sectins. Arguably Belfast is harder than Glasgow which
is (certainly) harder than Bristol.

Somehow this is also dependent on whether you are ringin in hand or
tower. Beverley & Surfleet are pretty straightforward in the tower but I
find them tricky in hand (maybe that's just a comment on my handbell
ringing ability or lack thereof!)

I think your basic premise about changes of direction is right, but how
to account for those chunks of familiar work (long-london, cambridge
places etc)?