[r-t] Re: Method focus

Samuel M. Austin combineharvestersam at hotmail.com
Tue May 17 11:44:10 UTC 2005

Surely we should be concentrating on compositions as well as method
structure. No matter how good a method is, ringing it with a shit
composition does it no favours.

I can't believe people are still obsessed with the cru. I've yet to see any
new compositions which maximise the 4+ run.

Cru has it's place in ringing history (c1960 - 2000) but it's time to move
on.

It's interesting looking in the bell news and other publications of that
period where composers were trying to maximise the 468 and  7468 and 648s,
they also seemed to prefer 7568 to 6578.

PS

Found a false one in Jasper Snowden's treatise on treble bob 1877(?). I
think it's been rung somewhere in Yorkshire. It's in the parted tenors
section and is by W. Sotterstill

Aye

Sam