[r-t] Re: Method focus

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Tue May 17 15:07:31 UTC 2005

Sam wrote:

> I can't believe people are still obsessed with the cru.
> I've yet to see any new compositions which maximise the
> 4+ run.

Not sure which planet you are living on, Sam. Most composers today are
concentrating on runs, although I don't think that anyone has yet taken up the
term "cascades*" which I coined to provide an equivalent count to crus.

BTW - I still think that crus have their place, but only on 8 bells.

Graham

*cascades - a measure for little bell music, particularly useful on higher
numbers  i.e. the rows ending in xxxx1234, xxxx2345, xxxx3456, xxxx4321,
xxxx5432, and xxxx6543, giving a maximum of 144 on eight bells.