[r-t] Attribution (was Seven Deadly Sins)

ALEXANDER HUNT alex.hunt at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 2 20:36:31 UTC 2005

Perhaps more useful than a composers name would be a serial number which
cross references to the universal composition database I think you just
offered to build.

Alex.

MBD said:

Alex Hunt Said:

> How can you ever be sure no-one else found it first.

That is a VERY GOOD QUESTION INDEED.

You are right that showing your composition is original is often harder than
producing it in the first place.

However, all this does is show up a lack in our ability to catalogue and
search compositions. Someone ought to have sorted that out by now, shouldn't
they? Why isn't there a website where you can go to check authorship of
your compo? (What has the Peal Compositions Committee been playing at all
these years??)

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.