[r-t] Interesting observation

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Tue Oct 18 17:56:30 UTC 2005

I thought that this was the explanation that I would have given, until I
read it more closely. The point that I would make is that the coursing
order after the single has cyclic symmetry - there are six such, i.e.
rounds, queens, tittums and their reverses

8765432 8234567
8357246 8642753
8526374 8473625

Ringing a lead of any regular method in any of these courses has the
effect of a cyclic rotation of the working bells. So undoing the
transposition that got you there from the plain course after such a
rotation gets you to a course with a cyclic lead head.

pabs