[r-t] Spliced surprise major: John M Goldthorpe

John Goldthorpe johng at omnieng.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 11:23:36 UTC 2005

>Crikey Mr Goldthorpe! What an admission. "Not Exhausting The Search Space"
>is surely one of the seven deadly sins of machine composition. I'm
>horrified!
>
>MBD

Indeed, though in my defence I would like to point out that several
search spaces were exhausted in the production of that composition.
It's just that I had to keep extending the space until I could get all
45 methods in.  There can be a fine dividing line between a search that
lasts a few seconds and one that would last for years.  I think the band
would agree that a composition in the hand is worth more than 2 zillion
in the virtual bush. ;-)  Incidentally, what would be the other six
deadly sins?

John