[r-t] Interesting observation

Mr Philip Saddleton freepabs at freeuk.com
Fri Oct 21 08:10:27 UTC 2005

MBD:
>> Ringing a lead of any regular method in any of these courses has
>> the effect of a cyclic rotation of the working bells.

>PABS, where do you get this phenomenal ability from? How do you do it? I
>mean, the ability you have to write a simple, neat, short, apparently
>sensible sentence that I just can't understand  at all.

Take a group C method:

2345678
7856342
4263857
s5378264
6482375
7523486
8634527
2745638
3856742
4267853

look at the columns. The other five COs correspond to other lh groups.

>Yes - bigger reversals work, too. I think a 123456 single works on eight
>bells, for instance, although I haven't bothered to check too carefully.

No - it doesn't take you into one of my courses. But 123458 or 125678 will,
of course (being the equivalent of 1234 then reversing the entire CO).

PABS